Friday, November 13, 2009

24K Butterball


Attic Gal Rachelle says:

I love decorating for Fall! And the first day of November, my witch lair comes down, and the fall decor goes up. My style is glitz and gold! The more sparkle and gold the better.

Here is one little trick picked up from Martha Stewart, that is so quick, and cheap, and gives me just the look I'm after.

I found this beautiful, colorful bird at a garage sale last month for a buck. Cute, but... not exactly the style I am after. But the bird has good lines so...

I spray painted her in a luscious, brilliant gold paint. I love that the Midas touch now comes in a convenient can!



Over the last year or so I have found several turkeys that I have transformed with the one can of paint, and some gourds, dried corn, nuts, and wheat as well (not all of them, but a few here and there for pizazz. Once you start spray-painting, your trigger finger gets a bit crazy and you start imagining what everything would look like sprayed gold.)

May you Thanksgiving be GOLDEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment