Thursday, October 22, 2009

Creepy Cards & Tricky Treats

Attic Gal Rachelle says:
I have been having more fun stamping some creepy Halloween cards and goodie boxes these last few weeks.  We made this one for our stampin' club.  The matchbox was easily cut out using the Big Shot, and the great crows and tombstone come from the Graveyard Gala stamp set.  I love that set!  The birds were embossed in black, and the moon was punched from yellow paper.  The skull and wings have been cut out are are sticking out 3D from the tombstone.


Four chocolate nuggets fit perfectly inside.  I wrapped each with strips of SU fabulous decorative paper.  I love, love, love this project!



I also love the spooky elegant look, and this card is IT!  I used the elegant Medallion stamp, one of my favorites, and wanted to make it look kind of like a spiderweb, so I embossed it with glittery hologram highlights glitter (hard to see in the picture.)  Then I embossed the perfectly creepy spider from the From The Crypt stamp set in black on grey, and layered  it with a snippet of some of the creepy netting I have hanging all over my house this time of year.  I think it looks terrific!


We made little goodie bags using just brown lunch sacks that we cut down, and covered the front a back with card stock.  The handle is punched from with the large oval punch.


The front is stamped and the back is covered with decorative paper.  Such an easy project!


Even easier was this too cute mummy card.  The eyes were just punched out, and a quarter sheet size of white paper was torn into strips and the tron edges sponged, then glued back on to the card in random order to make the wrappings on our mummy.  Another longer strip of torn paper was tied in a knot and stuck on with dimensionals.  Anybody could make this great card!



This card is a bit more complicated.  The skull stamp is also from the From The Crypt stamp set.  I embossed it in black, then daubed on some orange, purple, and green ink around the skull.  I used some pearly shimmer paint on the skull to make it glow (again, you can't tell from the picture, but it looks great in person.)  You also can't really tell from the picture, but I used the Big Shot to emboss a harlequin diamond pattern on the green background paper.  Funky card.

I think my favorite Halloween project was these tiny coffins I made using a pattern I got on Martha Stewart's website.  The coffin cover is made of black cardstock.  I used bleach to stamp a creepy design onto the front, and added a white rub-on, and a 3D embossed bat, (both stamps also in the From The Crypt set.)


Inside it is so fun to find finger, and bony finger lollipops that I discovered at Target.  I had to cut the sticks short to fit them inside the coffins, and tied them with SU's absolutely delightful new striped grosgrain ribbon!   I think it would be a great invitation to a Halloween party.  You could add a tag to the bow that says "remember the date".  Get it?   To DIE for!  

No comments:

Post a Comment