Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mums Moms Love!

Mum's the word!

Give Mom a few fun flowers for Mothers Day.

Last week I had some ladies over for lunch. For dessert I made these adorable mum cupcakes!

They were very easy, but took a little bit of time. Just use kitchen scissors to cut colored mini-marshmallows in half diagonally and drop them directly into bowls of colored decor sugar. The sugar only sticks to the freshly cut part of the marshmallows. Then arrange them on frosted cupcakes, starting around the outside then circling into the middle. The stamens are tropical good and plenty.

They turned out super cute!


I have made fabric flowers with vintage buttons before, but this time I used my new huge flower die with my Big Shot! They are huge and so very fun to put on hats, purses, or your lapel!

They are so fun to make, and rather addictive! There is always another combination to try. Alysa came over, and we even made some from her daughters old baby dress! I made a whole basket full of them for all the special women in my life! (And quite a few for me!)
Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful "Mums" out there!

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

2 comments:

  1. Love your cupcakes. The flowers were so much fun to make. I'm dying to make more. I want to go to the hat store soon as I'm needing some new and stylish hats. I'm starting to wear them more because I'm too lazy to do my hair. Love your creativity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute!! And it sounds like you had such a fun time together making them. O, love the cupcakes, too.
    Midge

    ReplyDelete