Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Nibble on the Word

We know that we are supposed to feast on the good Word of God, but what about just a nibble?

I saw this cute idea a long time ago somewhere. You can easily make little chocolate bibles/scriptures as a cute little handout for a lesson or something with Hershey's Nuggets and black cardstock. I simple cut the black cardstock in 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" pieces and glued them onto a gold wrapped Nugget with a glue stick. Before gluing it on, I wrote the title on with a white gel pen.


I am a seminary teacher (an early morning daily religion class for high-schoolers) and I made each of my students their own set of the books in the Book of Mormon to wish them good luck in our scripture chase competition on Sunday. They did a great job and I thought they deserved a little chocolate!

I was thrilled with how they turned out! Fun! So file this idea away in your head for next time you need a yummy little handout when you have to teach a Sunday School class or something like it.

Who doesn't like a little nibble before the feast?

6 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me? Those are the coolest. Girl, you never cease to amaze me. Can't wait for you to share tonight's "creative award" cupcakes that you made. Oh my goodness. And you are doing a creative blog with me why???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO creative! Thank you for the idea...I just might steal that for my class, but give it to them at seminary graduation. Alysa is always telling us how creative you are -- and you are!! Feel free to pass along any other great seminary ideas. haha Oh, we had a great battle today with all of those battles in Ether 9-11. You are probably already done, but we go to the bitter end (last full day of school). Our stake is die-hards. haha Thanks again, creative and talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this idea! I'm SURE I will be using it sometime in the future! THANKS:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these today for the children in primary who read the whole Book of Mormon in 2010. THanks for the idea. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will definitely utilize this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete