Monday, November 1, 2010

Thankful Tree

We are starting a "Thankful Tree" tonight. How perfect is it that November 1 falls on Monday night which is Family Night for our family? We have our activity and lesson done with this project.

Back during the first week of October, my sister was in town and she was purchasing a bunch of fake leaves from the Target $1 bin. I asked her what she was doing and she was planning to make a Thankful Tree for her early morning seminary students. So I quickly snatched up a bunch myself. (BTW, seminary is an early morning religious class that high schoolers take prior to their day starting at school -- ask Rachelle more about it. She's now a 6:15 a.m. teacher.)

I've seen this idea out on the internet: small ones that are just on paper that are on the refrigerator, paper feathers for a turkey paper turkey, etc. We've tried a bunch but I wanted to make it bigger and more accomadating for our family of seven. Plus adding it to the main room of our house will be a great reminder to me and hopefully others that we have much to be grateful for in our lives. Here is one that just, thankfully, reminded me that I wanted to do this.

I'll show you tonight after we make it. Just wanted to give you the idea so if you wanted to do it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment