Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fall Snack Mix

Alysa says:  I'm starting to desire Fall and its beautiful color changes and crisp air.  Unfortunately, where we live, we just have to be happy it "falls" below 100 degrees.  Ha!

Getting ready to head with our young women ages 12-18 up to Utah to see this.  I'm going to miss my own little family and our traditions (see here), but it's going to be a great experience for our wonderful young women and my own amazing daughter (and for us leaders). 

I wanted to prepare a special treat for both the young women and my own family to enjoy while watching General Conference.  Saw this original idea here.  I even purchased the fun container.


 I doubled the recipe as I'm making it for 20+ people.  It's a good combination of salty and sweety.


Grab a large bowl and add:
2 cups salted peanuts
2 cups square pretzels
2 cups raisins
1 cup plain M&Ms
1 cup candy corn
2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
2 cups Cheez-Its
2 cups Cocoa Puffs

You really can add most anything you want - Reese's pieces, popcorn, sunflower kernels, etc.

Enjoy for General Conference or anytime this Fall season.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't notice this post before. That is a really pretty mix! When I lived in So. Cal, I totally CRAVED Fall...especially when the L.L. Bean catalog came out! bahaha

    ReplyDelete