Sunday, February 12, 2012

Please Pass the Lollypop!

AtticGal Rachelle says:

We have a tradition of making our own valentines to pass out in the kids' classes each year rather than buying them because we like them to be more personal.  Usually my guys make lollypop covers as shown in this post.  But this year, we decided to find a new way to present class members with lollypops using a fun and very personal idea I saw floating around on Pinterest. 

I snapped a pic of each of my two youngest with their fist toward the camera like they were holding something.  I used a wide aperture and focused on their hand so that the hand would be in focus, and their faces not so much in order to make it look even more 3D.  Then I picked my favorite for each kid, and added a valentine greeting with Picasa before sending an order to Walgreens for as many prints as they had in their class.  In an hour the prints were ready, and while I was at Walgreens to pick them up, I grabbed several bags of heart shaped lollypops.  WIth my 1/8inch punch, I punched a hole above and beneath each fist and the boys carefully put a lollypop in each card.

Done.

 (Yes, you still have time for this and it is easier than buying Valentines and having your child sign each one and put them in envelopes)



Such colorful, easy, and personal valentines.  Be sure to print off a few extra for grandmas and special friends, and of course, you'd want to keep one for yourself.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I have had the directions for this in my file since 2009 and you gave me the push to do it this year. Going in an hour to pick up from Costco. Thanks girl.

    ReplyDelete