Saturday, July 25, 2009

Every Time I Turned Around

Attic Gal Alysa says:

Last night my family and I arrived home from our vacation in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. It was absolutely beautiful there and the weather was fantastic. I loved being outside every day -- unlike our desert here. While visiting Gatlinburg, I realized that every time I turned around there was a church. There was a church at one corner and then across the street there was another one. I fell in love with them and really wanted to take pictures of them all but ran out of time. I did capture two of my favorites.
This is the actual size of this "small church in the country" church. It was on a main road amongst bigger, modern buildings. Charming, isn't it?
This Roaring Baptist Church we saw every day driving down the mountain road from our cabin. I love the stonework.
There is something wonderful about old churches and their architecture. Since our area is newer, we don't see these beautiful pieces of art. What neat churches are in your area?

No comments:

Post a Comment